Monday, December 2, 2013

I have struggled with starting this blog for a few weeks now. These folks just insist on going first, nobody wants to wait their turn. I usually like to be in control of situations but not this time. When i was a child, my grandma would say "you can't hear for listening". I never knew what that meant until i was older. As children, we are naturally nosey and always wanted to hear "grown folks" talking and then could'nt wait to "go run tell it", most of the time, getting the information wrong. Now that i'm older, I see that being nosey can be a good thing, as well as gossip. When i first started my research, i had no idea what to do or where to go. i spent a many a night confused and going in circles. i finally had to sit down and hear what was being said instead of running around trying to "tell it".

I will turn 41 tomorrow 12-03-13 and i wish i had enough sense 20 years ago to be nosey. Not only did i grow up with living grand parents, my great grand parents were alive as well. I once i wished i would have taken the time to ask questions, but now, not so much, even though it would've been nice to know a few things ahead of time. over the years i have learned so much and met so many people (ancestors), that i would dare have all the answers handed to me. This journey has been amazing and its only the beginning. I can't wait to spread a little gossip. Stay tuned!


"Girl, did you hear about what my 2x great grand daddy did?" 

Well let me tell you...................

11 comments:

  1. You ain't heard from me, but let me tell you LOL!!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I know abt being nosey. I'm glad I did and remembered a lot of things. I was always listening. I can't wait to hear your stories. Congratulations on Blog and Happy Birthday! it's one of the best gifts you have given yourself for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a season for everything Derrica & this one is yours. You are correct -- you cannot control an Ancestor who's ready to speak, nor call the season until it's time. Sit quietly -- LISTEN so you can HEAR. Follow your Ancestors. Happy Birthday & welcome to the Fold!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I can't wait to hear his story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. welcome to the world of blogging! and happy birthday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the blog world Derrica! and Happy Birthday! I was always paying attention when the grown folks talked..and now I'm glad that I did. I can't wait to hear your story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did your 2x great granddaddy buy the land, kill the cow, sleep in the barn? Tell me, I want to know. Welcome to blogging world and happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to hear what happened. Congrats on your first blog, nice job! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday and I can't wait to hear about your 2nd great granddaddy!!!
    Stephani

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,

    Welcome to the wonderful world of genealogy blogging!

    I want to let you know that your blog is listed in today's Fab Finds post at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2013/12/follow-friday-fab-finds-for-december-6.html

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete